Madinaguda Govt. Primary School, Hyderabad
Madinaguda GPS which was also adopted recently along with Gopanpally GPS is situated near Miyapur on the highway of a busy Hyderabad – Mumbai road. In over 3000 sq. yards piece of the land and over 200 students studying incouple of small rooms that lackinfrastructure.
Current state of the school:
- Bad toilets and sanitation
- Lack of proper class rooms, benches, chairs and tables
- No boundary wall and entry gate for the school
Infrastructure improvisation plan for this school:
- SRI is in talks with the concerned government officials to get necessary approvals to construct a new school building with the entire modern infrastructure and basic amenities such as class rooms, staff rooms, library, and sanitation.
- SRI will install basic electrical fixtures at the school
- Install drinking water supply with construction of the water tank with taps
- Construct compound/boundary wall and the entrance gate of the school
- Repair and renovate the existing classrooms for usage
- Hire maintenance personnel to look after the daily operations and maintenance
Welfare activities undertaken at Madinaguda GPS:
- Donation of text books, story books, drawing books, child activity related books and other stationary items to the school children
- Hired (continuing to hire) experienced school teacher to teach in English Medium
- Conduct regular health camps in association with Lotus Children's hospital and other reputed Healthcare Organizations (HO) by bringing in Pediatricians, Ophthalmologist, and Dental doctors.
- Celebrating festivals along with children by distributing fruits, sweets, and organizing games for the children on festive holidays such as 'Diwali' (festival of lights). Christmas and on special occasions like the Indian Independence Day and Indian Republic day.
With over 180 students, the school was originally run in a small temporary shack. Looking at the lack of infrastructure inthe school, the SRI initiated a dialogue with Sarva Shiksha Abhyan (SSA), Department of the Government of India, to work on a public-private partnership to fund the construction of the school building. The construction of the school is completed in about 450 square yards, comprising of the ground plus two floors, it is equipped with seven spacious classrooms, two staff rooms, and one library room.more+
SRI recently adopted Goppanapally Govt. School, which is located close to the financial hub of Cyberabad under Serilingampally Municipality. Goppanapally village is situated only 8Kms away from the Gachibowli X roads, Cyberabad. With over 175 students, the school is currently operated out of two small rooms with no power supply and toilets under the area of 1500 sq.yards. To plug the gap of infrastructure at the school, SRI decided to adopt the institution .more+